Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
"any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person".
1. What information do we collect about you?
This section tells you what personal information we collect when you participate in our live and online fairs.
We may collect the following information relating to you:
Personal contact details: email address, postal address and mobile
- Usernames and passwords for our website and systems
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number or bank account details
- Comments, feedback and other content submitted via our website contact us section or via our post-show research surveys
Marketing communication preferences and permissions where appropriate:
- Exhibitor, exhibitor prospects, client contacts, in respect of both our live and online fairs
- Visitors, sponsors, exhibitors and speakers
- Contributors and reviewers in respect of our digital and social content
- Contacts of our service providers and business partners
2. Lawful basis for processing personal information
We only process personal information where we have a valid and lawful basis for doing so and remain in full compliance with Article 6 of the GDPR. The following areas of lawful basis apply for our specific purposes:
- User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, if you have bought a ticket to one of our fairs, have signed up to our newsletters, or completed a website enquiry form. You can manage your preferences by contacting our GDPR lead on jenny[at]kerrisonexhibitions.co.uk.
- Legitimate business purposes - This is where we have a legitimate interest as a business to process personal information. Our legitimate interests in processing include: to deliver our fairs and to better understand our business and consumer audiences and to continue to improve the services we provide you.
- Contractual necessity - This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you are attending one of our fairs and purchased tickets, we need your personal information to process your safe and swift access to the show.
3. How we use your personal information?
We collect personal information for the following main reasons:
- To deliver our fairs (live and online) – We require some of your basic personal information so our services work as you would expect, for example, providing access to our live and online fairs
- To deliver marketing emails - We will need to process your personal information where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. Our marketing emails keep you informed about our latest fairs, special offers and invitations to join us at future fairs.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our email.
- To administer prize draws and competitions - If you enter one of our sponsored competitions, we will need to process your personal information, for example if you are a nominated as a winner we may need to send you your prize by post or by email. We may also be required, subject to the rules of the competition, to publish or otherwise make available your name and/or region if you are selected as a winner in a competition or prize draw.
- To collect research and insight - In order to provide you with the best possible events experience both live and online, this requires us to continuously improve our fairs. In order to make improvements in our services we will sometimes contact you with online market research surveys, or possible telephone interviews, to help us capture your feedback and insight.
- To process payments - We, along with our authorised payments processors, securely process your payment information to take payments, issue refunds and to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. We will also advise in the event that a payment is unsuccessful.
- Compliance and legal obligations - This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with the law. For example, we process and retain customer invoice and tickets information to comply with HMRC financial regulations.
4. Will Kerrison Exhibitions share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Kerrison Exhibitions in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf.
Kerrison Exhibitions engages with a mix of third-party service providers including: hotels, event venues, traffic management and car parking facilities, freight and transport management organisations, onsite operations and logistics management services, payment collection, processing companies and IT systems and platforms specific to the delivery of live and online fairs.
Any personal data exchanged is transferred and shared in compliance with GDPR regulations.
Kerrison Exhibitions and our subsidiary companies, partners and subcontractors that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them solely for the purposes of fulfilling the event service or send you their information because you have shown interest in their services. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Kerrison Exhibitions procedures.
5. Why does Kerrison Exhibitions need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you relevant information about our services (which you have shown an interest in) we need to collect personal data to deliver our services and conduct our business.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
6. What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access the data you hold?
Kerrison Exhibitions accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Utility Bill, Credit Card/Bank Statement from the previous 3 months
7. Contact details of the GDPR Leader
GDPR Leader contact details
Kerrison Exhibitions Limited
9 Kerrison Road
Document Owner and Approval
The GDPR Leader at Kerrison Exhibitions is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.